Eat soy protein in moderation
Soy protein is a high-quality plant-based protein that can be a healthy addition to a balanced diet. The adequate intake of soy protein varies depending on a person’s age, sex, and level of physical activity. However, the recommended daily intake of soy protein is typically around 25 grams per day for adults, which is equivalent to about three servings of soy foods.
Soy protein can be found in a variety of soy-based products such as tofu, tempeh, soy milk, soy nuts, and edamame. Soy protein is also often used as an ingredient in vegetarian and vegan meat substitutes.
It is important to note that soy products are not appropriate for everyone, particularly those with soy allergies or thyroid conditions. Additionally, some research has suggested that high levels of soy consumption may affect hormone levels, but the evidence is not conclusive. It is always a good idea to talk to a healthcare provider or registered dietitian before making significant dietary changes.
Experts identify the following features of soy protein:
1. Lower biological value than similar powders, but from other components.
2. Weak amino acid composition.
3. Belongs to the category of slow, as it has a low degree of assimilation.
4. Not inferior in effectiveness to other types of protein supplements. The main thing is to take the substance correctly.
What is the correct way to consume a protein supplement?
Soy powder has some reception features:
1. The powder can partially replace standard products, so it is not forbidden to use it as an additional supplement to the main diet.
2. If a person is not distinguished by high physical activity, then he can consume no more than 1 gram of powder per kilogram of weight.
3. With active training or a sports lifestyle, the dose of protein can be increased to 1.7 grams per kilogram of body weight.
4. If the athlete is involved in such activities where increased endurance and energy are needed, then the dose can be increased up to 2 grams.
5. When calculating the dose, it is important to take into account the usual foods with a high protein content. These include chicken eggs, meat, fish products.
6. Some people complain that when they switch to soy protein, their body weight gain is significantly reduced. In this case, it is worth adding more carbohydrates to the diet.
7. Soy isolate is recommended for active preparation for competitions.
8. To improve the taste and aroma, you can add juices, berries, pieces of ripe fruit to the cocktail.
9. Drink the mixture quickly, in large sips. Do not leave diluted for long-term storage.